Friday, December 3, 2010

Day # 2!!

Recording Day # 2!!
So today I went to Lee Curerri's studio in Venice again and I recorded another song! So now I have two songs in progress!!
The song I recorded is a new one that almost no one has heard called "Away". Its a sad song that I really like, but I was really nervous about it because I belt pretty high in it. I came in with the song about 90% finished on the guitar, but Lee and I decided on the piano the song would sound clearer and richer, which I think is more fitting for the lyric and melody. We also tweaked the chorus a bit and now it sounds so cool. Next time I will lay down a couple more vocal tracks and maybe some harmonies (which I need to ask Madi for help with because she is a beast at harmonies).
Also, the guitarist/mandolin player is coming in soon so he will work with me on "How Love Goes" and maybe some other stuff!

AAAAAAAH!! THIS IS ALL SO FANTASTIC AND EXCITING!!