Tuesday, February 15, 2011

st. valentine

Today was a great day, considering it was a reminder of my perpetual singleness. 
But honestly, I didn't feel sad at all. 
(minus that one part when I cried because I saw an old man by himself at Sweet Rose, which made me think about being old and alone, which then made me think about being in love with someone who has dementia.... don't ask.)

I love my friends and I love my family. I know that I have people in my life who will always support me and love me simply because I am me. 

Anyways, I've been collecting quotes, which, at least in my opinion, define what I imagine love to be. 
“Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." - Aristotle   (the myth says that when humans were first made, they were whole - one soul, one entity. Zeus, however, feared humans were becoming too strong, so he split them in two. Now we spend our lives looking for our other half.)  
"True love is eternal, infinite, and always like itself. It is equal and pure, without violent demonstrations: it is seen with white hairs and is always young in the heart." -Honore de Balzac
 "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." - St. Augustine
"The more I give to thee, the more I have, for both are infinite." William Shakespeare
"Two souls with but a single thought, two hearts that beat as one."
John Keats
"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever." -Alfred Lord Tennyson 
 "When you are in love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams."-Dr Seuss
Happy Valentine's day!