Sunday, January 30, 2011

LAAF

REALLY REALLY AWESOME DAY.

I spent the whole day at LAAF (by myself) going to classes (studio performance, essential listening, movement with the backbeats) and listening to A Cappella performances.
Then spent the night at the concert where Bruin Harmony, The Backbeats (sooo good) Jake Moulton (vocal percussion) and Mosaic (absolutely amazing) performed. 

This made me love A Cappella, and music in general, so much more and I am so glad I went! 
(... even though I knew no one there...)

Just a little side note: 
The essential listening class, which sounds boring, was one of the most inspirational, intriguing, intellectual, informative classes I've been to, and it made me SO EXTREMELY EXCITED for college . We listened to and analyzed music from Lil Wayne and Eminem, to Paul Simon, to Rihanna and Beyonce, to classical music in Latin. 
Because of the hour and a half I spent in that seminar, I will look at music differently from this point forward.  Shit.  It was that intense.